Today, I’m going to show you how to make the best cup of coffee ever, EVER!!! Let’s start.
Here is what you will need for the V60 Pour Over:
- Fresh beans from Nomad Coffee Club ( 33 g or 1.16 oz)
- Filter water (1 liter or 34 oz)
- Hario Grinder
- Pour over coffee maker
- Gooseneck Pouring Kettle
- Coffee Drip Scale/Timer
Hario V60 Brewing Steps
Before we go on, if you are new here check out 10 Commandments Of Specialty Coffee for some quick tips. If not, keep reading.
1. First put 1 liter of water in your kettle to boil.
2. Measure 33 grams of coffee and grind it to slightly course. Overtime you can play round with this to find the grind size that makes you happy, but for now it will do. Remember, it’s always important to keep your beans as whole, this keeps them fresh for longer. It kind of seals it in.
3. Once the water has boiled, place the filter on the dripper and rinse it using some of the boiled water. This will get rid of all the papery tastes you get from the filter. Let all the water drip out then pour it out of the server.
Now the fun part starts!
4. Get your whole set on the scale*. Place the coffee in the bed and make a small indent in the middle. Slowly start pouring the water, starting from the middle and working your way our in a circular motion. Pour about 80 grams of water and then stop. This is the bloom stage.
*Don’t worry if you don’t have a scale. Use the scale on the server to estimate how much you will need.
5. Pour the rest slowly and in two rounds of about 210 g of water each. Standard is to aim for a 4 minute brewing time.
6. Last and most important step, enjoy!
Thank you for following through! Let me know what you thought of the recipe in the comments. Also, sign up for our mailing list for more awesome coffee tips.